- Save 37% on the Garmin nüvi 2495LMT 4.3-Inch Portable Bluetooth GPS Navigator with Lifetime Map & Traffic Updates
- Save 15% on the Garmin nüvi 52LM 5-Inch Portable Vehicle GPS with Lifetime Maps (US)
- Save 27% on the Magellan RoadMate RV5365T-LMB – 5-Inch GPS Navigator for RVers
- Save 27% on the TomTom VIA 1535TM 5-Inch Bluetooth GPS Navigator with Lifetime Traffic & Maps and Voice Recognition
- Save 42% on the TomTom VIA 1605M GPS Navigator with Lifetime Maps
- Save 30% on the TomTom VIA 1535TM 5-Inch Bluetooth GPS Navigator with Lifetime Traffic & Maps and Voice Recognition
- Save 44% on TomTom START 55TM 5-Inch GPS Navigator with Lifetime Traffic & Maps and Roadside Assistance
- Save 24% on Garmin Premium Heart Rate Monitor (Soft Strap)
- Save 27% on Rand McNally Intelliroute TND 520 Truck GPS with Lifetime Maps
- Save 28% on Magellan RoadMate Commercial Truck GPS Navigator 9270T-LM (RC9270SGLUC)
- Save 42% on TomTom VIA 1605M GPS Navigator with Lifetime Maps
- Save 33% on ACR PLB-375 ResQLink+ Personal Locating Beacon with 406 MHz Floating PLB, Built-In GPS, Strobe and 121 MHz Homing Beacon
- Save 33% on Garmin Astro 320 GPS Tracker for Sporting Dogs (Bundle, US)
- Save 39% on TomTom VIA 1505M 5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Maps
- Save 38% on TomTom START 50M 5-Inch GPS Navigator w/ Lifetime Maps
- Save 40% on TomTom VIA 1605TM 6-Inch GPS Navigator with Lifetime Traffic & Maps
- Save 25% on Garmin eTrex 20 Worldwide Handheld GPS Navigator
- Save 40% on Magellan CX0310SGXNA eXplorist 310 Waterproof Hiking GPS
- Save 41% on Super TrackStick GPS Vehicle Tracking System Data Logger
- Save 41% on Garmin Approach G3 Waterproof Touchscreen Golf GPS
- Save 42% on TomTom VIA 1605M GPS Navigator with Lifetime Maps
- Save 47% on Magellan RoadMate RV9145-LM – 7-Inch GPS Navigator for RVers
Honda just announced that the much-anticipated Siri Eyes update will begin rolling out to select Accord and Acura models. The free update will enable hands-free use of Siri from a connected iOS device.
The new Siri Eyes Free feature is available via a dealer installed accessory for the 2013-2014 Honda Accord and the 2013 Acura RDX and ILX. So check-in with your local Honda/Acura dealer if you’re looking for the Siri Eyes update!
Verdict: The Best HUD You Can Buy
GPSmagazine Rating: 4.5/5
HUD, or Head-Up-Display, projects navigation instructions directly onto the windshield, allowing the driver to view important navigation information without taking their eyes off the road. Typically available only on high-end luxury vehicles, Garmin’s new HUD allows you to add Head-Up-Display to any car at an affordable price, and offers features not found in any other after-market HUD unit today.
The Bottom Line:
Great if you’ve been looking for a more practical way to use your smartphone for GPS navigation in your car, or for those eager to try out HUD. Unlike other after-market HUD units currently available, Garmin’s HUD projects the distance to the next turn, direction of the turn, speed & speed limit, arrival time, and lane of travel information. Having this information projected directly into my line of sight through the windshield means you don’t have to constantly keep taking your eyes off the road to look at your smartphone’s relatively small screen. Garmin’s HUD is a unique product unlike anything else currently available. If you’ve been longing for Heads Up Display in your car, but aren’t about to drop $70,000 on a new high-end luxury vehicle, Garmin’s new HUD might be just what you’ve been waiting for.
China’s new Qihoo 360 is a sign of just how much prices are going to continue to fall… According to the company’s website, the $32 child tracking GPS watch will go on sale next month. China only for now… More details available via their website.
Just when you thought the GPS market was totally dead, and nothing truly new had come out in a few years, Garmin went and announced something truly exciting that will bring features found only in high-end luxury cars, and brings new value to the Portable Navigation Device market.
Garmin’s new Heads-Up-Display (HUD) will connect wirelessly to your smartphone (and Garmin or Navigon App) and will project key information onto your vehicle’s windshield.
HUD displays turn arrows, distance to the next turn, current speed and speed limit, as well as estimated time of arrival. It even lets drivers know what lane to be in for the next maneuver and alerts them when they exceed the speed limit. HUD also warns users of potential traffic delays and upcoming safety camera locations.
HUD also continues to display navigation information while taking incoming calls
HUD has an MSRP of $129.99 and will be available this summer. GPSmagazine will have a full review of Garmin’s HUD posted soon.
TomTom just announced a new, completely redesigned TomTom GO GPS for 2013, and I have to admit, it’s looking pretty good from the photos & press release. Of course, proof will be in the full review, which I hope to post in the coming weeks.
Available in 4.3, 5, and 6-inch screen size versions, the new GO is a “connected” GPS. When paired with your smartphone via Bluetooth, the new GO will access TomTom Traffic data.
Looks like there’s a re-designed user interface (seems to be an improvement over the old interface, which was getting dated), and a new dashboard/windshield mount. The new GO has a brand new Interactive Map, Lifetime TomTom Traffic and 3D Maps (just like everyone else). But what looks unique is TomTom’s focus shift from basic navigation to intelligent routing.
Pricing and availability TBD. You can read all the details on TomTom’s website.
TomTom has announced a new range of GPS watches. The watches feature a large display, and are available in a running specific model, or a multi sport (runners, cyclists and swimmers) version.
According to TomTom’s press release, the watches will have full-screen graphical training tools and one-button control for ease of use while training. Further, some models will be able to track the number of steps taken without requiring an additional pedometer. GPS
Sport Watches will also have a vibration alert technology that can provide workout progress updates without pausing music playback, as well as the ability to Sync, analyze & share your stats on popular running sites. The watches are Bluetooth enabled, and compatible with the TomTom Heart Rate Monitor* & other Bluetooth Smart accessories.
Available in Summer 2013, pricing TBD.